Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Vinyl Resting Place, St Johns, Portland, Oregon

I still buy vinyl. Part of it is the sound, part of it is the ritual, and part of it is the physical package. If you want high quality wax, Vinyl Resting Place is a good place to go. The prices seem a little high at $10-$20, but I find the records are generally spotless. Occasionally, I come across something below my standards, and these run about $6 to $8. My last purchase was The Kinks: Musswell Hillbillies ($6, and too many scratches), and Iron Maiden:Number of the Beast (Picture Disk, unopened $15 - Result!).

Facility: 3 - The place is clean, but the records are sometimes stacked too tight.
Quality: 4 - Very nice records, but occasionally I find something a little beat up.
Service: 4 - No complaints.
Price: 3 - Most things should be a 20% cheaper, but the quality makes it hard to pass up a gem.

No comments: